Saturday, March 6, 2010



I want to thank all the spinners today that participated in the 6th annual RIDE FOR JULES. I want to thank my brother Marty for all that he has done to make this happen. He is my inspiration!!

JULES Background Info:
On October 11, 2006 my mother Julie (Jules) had to have her right leg amputated above her knee as a result of Diabetes. My mother battled this disease and its many complications for almost 20 years, but unfortunately she passed away on February 10, 2008. She is greatly missed by everyone who loves her.

Three days a week she had to have undergo Kidney Dialysis treatment to clean her blood and keep her alive, she had multiple bypass surgeries on both of her legs to restore circulation and the amputation of the toes on her right leg and ultimately the entire leg. She suffered greatly, but you would never know it.

I founded the Ride for JULES in fall of 2004 to honor and inspire not only my mother, but the millions of people who suffer from Diabetes as well as their families and friends who support them. Together our efforts are making a difference and for that I am thankful. Since 2005 the Ride for JULES has raised over $250,000 for the American Diabetes Association and is the reason Gold's Gym's International decided to create a National Spin-a-thon Event.

Please join us for an exciting, inspiration filled event.

A special thanks to all of the riders, donors and volunteers who have contributed to the success of the Ride for JULES.

Thank you very much,
Marty Miserandino

No comments: