Sunday, September 27, 2009

Duxbury Triathlon




Great performances over the weekend at the Duxbury Triathlon. Here is an email I got from my friend and fellow CrossFitter Rich Sinopoli. Great job Rich. Stay strong.

As most of you know, I have had a pretty eventful year this past year. We had our third child in May, sold our house in July, and moved to New Hampshire in August. This on top of every additional task of daily life created a pretty hectic schedule for me. With that said, I could have slacked on my training and lost all I have gained in the past few years. Fortunately, I established a great support group which you are all a part of and you all assisted me greatly.

Whether it was pushing me to do another burpee/pull-up during the Filthy 50 WOD, joining me for a swim at Walden or Stiles, teaching me how to implement Crossfit to my workouts, putting new kick ass tires on my bike, creating a high altitude hill bike ride/run, pushing me up the hill at Shedd Park, yelling at me to "remember what you came here for,"allowing me to learn from your training routines, or simply watching the kids while I train.

I signed up for one race this year, the Duxbury Triathlon. It is my favorite race and finishes off the season greatly. I marked the date and put all my efforts and energy towards the race. My goal was to beat my 2007 time (something I did not do in 2008). Not only did I beat it but I shattered it by almost two minutes. I have all of you to thank for that.

Now my challenge for 2010 is whether I beef up (muscle wise of course) to the Clydesdale Division. My time would have placed me in the top 10 in that division.

Thanks again!

No comments: