Sunday, October 19, 2008

Monday WOD

For time:
50 Box jump, 24 inch box
50Jumping pull-ups
50 Kettlebell swings, 1 pood
Walking Lunge, 50 steps
50 Knees to elbows
50 Push press, 45 pounds
50 Back extensions
50 Wall ball shots, 20 pound ball
50 Burpees
50 Double unders

GREAT Race for Chris Koen!! This is an email I got from Chris.

Hey Coach,I thought I was going to see you at the race today. I was able to shave two minutes off of my time from last year and was able to run the race in under 20 minutes, but just barely. I ran it in 19:57 sixteenth overall and third in my age group. I would like to thank you for all of the crossfit help because it is definitely making me faster, and stronger and it is finally starting to show. So thank you again for the running help, and the crossfit workouts.Thanks again Chris

Chris has really worked his butt off this past year!! Chris gets back to the Prep as much as he can while he is at school to get in a workout. Chris also ran his first Boston Marathon last year to raise money for cancer research. Keep it up!!

Chris's Brother, Andrew is a very talented bodybuilder who got his start at the Prep. Andrew has done very well in his competitions. I'm sure when he is done body building he'll get back in to CrossFit. I'll post pictures when I get a few.

Nick, the youngest of the Koen brothers has been training really hard for his upcoming lacrosse season. He is having trouble gaining weight, but with a little advice I gave him last week I believe that he will reach his goals.

As a teacher, I am very fortunate to be able teach and coach young men like the Koens. As a father of two young children I hope that my daughter and son can be like these three outstanding young men!

No comments: